Suunto D5 USB interface

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Mon Dec 16 14:41:37 CET 2019

On 16 December, 2019 - Anton Lundin wrote:

> On 15 December, 2019 - Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>

> > On December 15, 2019 8:37:52 AM PST, Jef Driesen <jef at libdivecomputer.org> wrote:
> > >On 15/12/2019 09:02, Brendan Horan wrote:
> > >
> > >I don't know whether usb hid is enabled in the appimage or not. Or
> > >whether the
> > >appimage can access usb hid devices.
> >
> > It should be enabled, I'm traveling and can't test this right now.
> >
> > If you can access the dive computer with the tool Jef mentions I'll need to go back and figure out why the AppImage doesn't see your dive computer
> >

> Now when azure is back on its feet again, I re-ran the github-action to
> produce a appimage from master, and then I can test this.
>
> I don't have a hid-talking dive computer around, but other hid devices
> which is enough to test that subsurface can talk to them.
>

> I'll come back when I have some answers...

Some pesky checksums came in my way, but it seems that we're trying to
open the devices just as we should.

We produce some terribly bad error messages, Like:

"Unable to open /dev/ttyS31 Suunto (EON Steel)" even when we're trying
to open the hid device first. We shouldn't try the serial port anyway,
and not include it in the error message.
This is a quite old and annoying bug, in subsurface.

Brendan: Could you try to run subsurface from the command line, and
seeing what it says there?

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604