No p02 for Petrel (Divecan)?

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Thu Oct 15 04:28:22 PDT 2015

On 2015-10-11 19:35, Paul-Erik Törrönen wrote:
>> Does it give you the ppO2 from the sensors as millibar or millivolt?
>
> Ah, you are correct. The exported CVS file contains the specific sensor
> reading in mV only. What caused my mistake was that the file also
> contained a pO2-number called 'Average PPO2' which is in bar. It may be
> that, as you say, this is a calculated number derived from the
> mV-readings.

Indeed. This average PPO2 is what libdivecomputer will report as the
PPO2 value.

>> There is no need to capture the communication because we only need to
>> have
>> a look at the raw dive data. The easiest way to get that is to
>> download
>> libdivecomputer's universal application here:
>>
>> http://www.libdivecomputer.org/builds/
>>
>> and run it with these options:
>>
>> universal -⁠v -⁠l petrel.log -⁠d petrel.xml -⁠b petrel <serialport>
>>
>> where you replace <serialport> with the correct serial port (e.g. COMx
>> on
>> Windows and /dev/ttysomething on Linux/Mac). Send me back the
>> petrel.log
>> and
>> petrel.xml, along with all the dive_*.bin files.
>
> Hmm... but this would not work in my case, as there is apparently no
> COMx
> to listen to? As I wrote, the portmon was completely silent during the
> transfer, and it was configured to read all COMx ports.

I think you misunderstood me. The universal tool is not a sniffer tool
for capturing the communication between the shearwater desktop (SD)
application and your petrel. It's a standalone application that will
download the dives from your petrel. But unlike the SD application it
does use serial communication. Hence the need to specify the serial
port. Does that make it more clear?

>> (The builds on the libdivecomputer website are patched to output the
>> raw
>> dives as those dive_*.bin files.)
>
> I'll have a go with this next time I get my laptop near one of the
> rEvos :-)

Great!

Jef