Oceanic OCS: No gaschange events

Florian Klink flokli at flokli.de
Sun Mar 16 15:04:06 PDT 2014

Hi,

a friend of me diving with an Oceanic OCS recently started using
subsurface to log her dives.

Unfortunately, it seems like the atom2 parser doesn't support tank
switch events on Oceanic OCS yet.

We dumped all dives using the "universal test application".
.
In the xml sample at the time of the gas switch (at 21:45), there are
two <vendor></vendor> elements generated, one starting with "AA", which
looks like the gas switch event. The switch was done from air to EAN 52
(the 2nd mix):

<sample>

   <time>21:45</time>

   <vendor type="5" size="8">AA0221296A033400</vendor>

   <vendor type="5" size="8">024E74039B000001</vendor>

   <temperature>25.56</temperature>

   <depth>16.84</depth>

</sample>

I attached the XML of this dive (sample from 21:45 starts at line 540)
and the memory dump.

What about the "34" at the end meaning 52% oxygen in the newly switched gas?
Do you have other samples to verify that this theory or should I ask
about some more dives with gaschanges to mixes with other amounts of oxygen?

Florian