Oceanic OCS: No gaschange events

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Sun Mar 16 23:48:51 PDT 2014

On 16-03-14 23:04, Florian Klink wrote:
> a friend of me diving with an Oceanic OCS recently started using
> subsurface to log her dives.
>
> Unfortunately, it seems like the atom2 parser doesn't support tank
> switch events on Oceanic OCS yet.
>
> We dumped all dives using the "universal test application".
> .
> In the xml sample at the time of the gas switch (at 21:45), there are
> two <vendor></vendor> elements generated, one starting with "AA", which
> looks like the gas switch event. The switch was done from air to EAN 52
> (the 2nd mix):
>
> <sample>
>
>     <time>21:45</time>
>
>     <vendor type="5" size="8">AA0221296A033400</vendor>
>
>     <vendor type="5" size="8">024E74039B000001</vendor>
>
>     <temperature>25.56</temperature>
>
>     <depth>16.84</depth>
>
> </sample>
>

> I attached the XML of this dive (sample from 21:45 starts at line 540)
> and the memory dump.
>
> What about the "34" at the end meaning 52% oxygen in the newly switched gas?
> Do you have other samples to verify that this theory or should I ask
> about some more dives with gaschanges to mixes with other amounts of oxygen?

The 0xAA sample indicates a tank switch (for models with support for multiple
tank pressure sensors). But it's certainly possible that it can also contain a
gas switch. Gas switches are indeed not parsed yet for the Oceanic devices. Is
the OCS an air integrated model (hosed or wireless), because in that case a tank
switch sample doesn't make much sense.

Can you provide a full memory dump (together with the logfile), rather just one
dive. That's a bit easier to work with.

I think I do have some other data from an OCS, but I have no idea whether there
are any gas changes or not. I'm a bit in a hurry right now, but I'll have a look
later at what data I have available.

Jef