Release versions

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Tue May 12 16:57:52 CEST 2020

On 8/05/2020 09:25, Vincent Hagen wrote:
> I was wondering, the last release of libdivecomputer was from 2017 which
> was v6. Are there any plans to create another release? Or is the general
> idea to use the latest version on the master branch?

As far as I know, everyone is using master, so I kind of neglected doing
releases. I should be doing releases more frequently!

Anyway, I'm planning to do a next release soon. I just want to finish one more
thing, and that's completing the new I/O layer with a USB backend for the Atomic
Cobalt. That's currently still hardcoded to use libusb, which makes it
impossible to use a custom I/O (for example on mobile).

> If it is the idea to use the latest master version, what about the
> documentation on http://www.libdivecomputer.org/manual.html? I used it for
> integrating v5, but it seems out of date with the master. If so, do you
> accept any contributions for the manual, when I implement the newer version
> of libdivecomputer into my application, I can write something up for you.

Yes, the documentation needs a major update! A while ago, Kristaps started
writing some manpages. So for writing documentation, it's probably best to
continue there.

The current html output is available here:

http://libdivecomputer.org/doc/

Jef