libdivecomputer server migration

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Fri Jan 19 16:59:44 CET 2018

On 19 January, 2018 - Jef Driesen wrote:

> On 19-01-18 11:58, Anton Lundin wrote:
> >On 19 January, 2018 - Jef Driesen wrote:
> >>The libdivecomputer infrastructure is being migrated to another
> >>server. This will affect the following services:
> >>
> >>* Website and mailinglist
> >>
> >>These services have already been migrated. This is supposed to be fully
> >>transparent, although you might experience a little downtime today.
> >
> >I'd even suggest you migrate the website to github too, and host it with
> >github pages: https://pages.github.com/
> >
> >The pages looks like static html, and then they're prefect for hosting
> >in github's infrastructure.
>
> That idea crossed my mind as well. But I'm afraid it doesn't work
> for the entire site. Especially the "doc", "builds" and "releases"
> directories are a bit problematic. I use ssh/sftp to upload files
> there. And having to store all those binary files in a git
> repository would be a bad idea.

Releases is preferably served out of the github project directly:
https://github.com/libdivecomputer/libdivecomputer/releases

Pre built binaries can be served the same way, both continuous builds
and release builds.

It would quite simple to generate the doc html to, and just
automatically check that into a git branch and push it out. I don't
think they change often enough that it matters.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604