Oceanic OCS dive mode

Kristaps Dzonsons kristaps at bsd.lv
Fri Jun 2 02:03:32 PDT 2017

Hello,

After finding that our Oceanic OCS (model 0x4450 as in the source)
produced garbage values when not in dive ("normal") mode, but was still
producing a log of free dives, I found that the dive mode is indeed
exported.

With the enclosed patch, I'm able to properly process free dives, gauge
dives, and normal dives with the proper sampling.  Yay!  I dove with
another computer at the same time and compared the results, just to be sure.

That being said, I've also enclosed the vendor data being exported with
each sample.  Does anybody have an idea what the latter two bytes might
mean?  The former is the depth in 1/16ths foot.  I figured on it being
temperature or maximum depth, but can't correlate.

Best,

Kristaps