Permanent mirror of repository on GitHub?

Vincent Hagen info at script4web.nl
Sun Dec 24 08:02:36 PST 2017

Hi Jef,

As a GitHub / GitLab user I really like the idea of moving over (or mirror)
to GitHub. Let me share my personal experiences with the GitHub system.
 - The GitHub issue system is really nice, it includes labels, milestones,
automagic issue closing with commit messages. Have a look at
https://github.com/Microsoft/TypeScript/issues for an example how you could
use it.
 - Merge requests and forks can be easily made, managed and tracked with it.
 - Most CI tools (if you use them) all have a seamless integration with
GitHub.
 - The wiki pages can be created online and also as a separate repo, these
are ll written in markdown
 - If you don't like markdown you can use GitHub Pages, with which you can
commit static HTML, CSS, JS files  to a github repo which is accessable
with a browser.

I hope my personal experience with GitHub might help you made an informed
discussion.

Vincent