libdivecomputer sources?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Dec 7 07:20:54 PST 2016

On Dec 7, 2016, at 05:05, Jef Driesen <jef at libdivecomputer.org> wrote:

> I can confirm the problem. It looks like the HEAD and master refs are missing. The strange part is that I only see this problem with the git protocol, not with the ssh protocol. (And that's why I never noticed this myself.)
>
> @Dirk: Can you check the server setup?

Yes, it's a permissions problem where for some strange reason pushes
to the repo via ssh set the wrong permissions on the objects they create,
including the HEAD ref - so that can no longer be read via non-ssh
connections.

I thought I had that fixed (and it seems to work again for Subsurface), but
clearly it's still hosed for libdivecomputer. I'm traveling which makes this a
bit more annoying (stupid 2FA token is at home), but I'll try to fix this ASAP.

>> Should the Sourceforge be considered to be the primary source?

No, Dirk should be considered an incompetent server admin.
But as Jef might say "the price is right" (i.e., I do all the work, I pay for
the servers, for the data center cost, for the bandwidth, etc).
At this time I am achieving something like 97% uptime with working
services, I guess :-)

> The git repository on libdivecomputer.org is the primary repository. But I keep the sourceforge repo in sync as a mirror. So unless there is something wrong with one of them, there shouldn't be any difference.

Same for Subsurface. git.subsurface-divelog.org is the primary repository, there
are two github repos (Linus' and mine) that I also push to as backup.

/D