Sentinel (and rEvo)

"Paul-Erik Törrönen" poltsi at 777-team.org
Sun Nov 15 03:12:21 PST 2015

> No, you only replied to me, and not the mailinglist :-)

Ah, drat! Sorry for that.

> You can look at one of the simpler backends, like the cressi leonardo.
> But the first step will be to figure out how the protocol works, and how
> to interpret the data. Since it seems to be ascii based, you won't need
> much coding there.

Well the interpretation is done, largely because the OPOS stored the
received ASCII as a txt-file :-)

Therefrom it was quite easy to map the columns to various datasets. I have
insofar recognized the following data-sets:

Time step (the step size is given previously)
Depth
pO2
Temp
Filter (%)
Battery 1
Battery 2
Dil (bar)
O2 (bar)
O2 Cell 1
O2 Cell 2
O2 Cell 3
Setpoint
Ceiling (m)
Tempstick 1
Tempstick 2
Tempstick 3
Tempstick 4
Tempstick 5
Tempstick 6
Tempstick 7
Tempstick 8
CO2 (mbar)

The values are given as non-padded whole numbers up to 3 chars and most of
them are prefixed with a unique alphabet character.

There are also two optional fields (in the middle) which contain any
events such as setpoint increase or low pO2.

A question: Can libdivecomputer currently store all these different sensor
datas?

> Maybe you only captured part of the download? I suggest you keep
> capturing with portmon for as long as the sentinel application is
> running.

I thought I did this since I could in the end only see what I presumed was
the idle-polling status when I hit the save to log. It may be that I
haven't fully understood how to use the portmon. IMO it is not the most
intuitive software.

Which reminds me, do you have the parser-scripts you mentioned available
anywhere?

Poltsi
Paul-Erik Törrönen   poltsi at 777-team.org
+358 40 703 1231     http://poltsi.fi/