Release request

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Mon Nov 2 06:06:38 PST 2015

On 2015-10-28 23:00, Richard Houser wrote:
> I just realized my dive computer is supported in in git trunk, but
> there
> hasn't been a tagged release in a LONG time.  Comparing the supported
> devices list between stable and trunk implies a LOT of users would be
> in a
> similar state.
>
> Any chance we could get a tagged release soon on a particularly stable,
> recent version of libdivecomputer.  At the least, that would really
> help
> with packaging concerns, etc.

I'm planning to make the next v0.5 release somewhere around the end of
the year. In the meantime, you can use the master branch from git. It's
stable and there won't be any backwards incompatible changes until the
next release is out.

> I have the latest git compiling, but when I attempt to import dives in
> subsurface 4.4.2 from my Aeris A300 CS, I get a parse failure.  My
> extremely limited understanding is that is handled within this library.
>  If
> this should already be working in the current trunk, I'll gladly go
> through
> some information gathering, submit a report with logs, etc.
>
> I'm personally trying to get an Aeris A300 CS working with latest
> subsurface.  Once I do so, I'll get with the current Mageia maintainer
> and
> see about getting an update pushed out to cauldron for testing.

I'm not aware of any issues with the Aeris A300 CS. Can you send me the
libdivecomputer log with the error? A memory dump of your dive computer
will help me as well.

Jef