Reparsing data

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Wed Mar 18 08:13:23 PDT 2015

On 2015-03-18 15:30, Shawn Willden wrote:
> Hmm. Looking at the Aladin and Memomouse pages there certainly doesn't
> seem
> to be any place for tank pressure. But DataTrak *does* display it.

They might be cheating. There appears to be a field with the total air
consumption. DataTrak might be using that to interpolate the air
consumption during the dive and generate a fake graph.

Suunto does this too for their older models (the vyper family). It's
very confusing for users. They assume the graph is generated from real
data, and wonder why libdivecomputer based applications don't show it.
This is actually one of the most common question I receive.

The libdivecomputer api does support begin/end tank pressure. I assume
that the Aladin's total air consumption value is the difference between
the end and begin pressure. Unfortunately that's not enough info for
libdivecomputer.

Jef