Virtual environment is rough for us rookies

Janice McLaughlin janice at moremobilesoftware.com
Sat Aug 29 15:38:06 PDT 2015

Hi Terry,

I’ve worked with Atomic in past with problems on the Mac USB bus. There is a “new” version of firmware for your Cobalt 2 that “may” fix this problem. You’ll need firmware version 2.400 or greater. It may not be officially released yet by Atomic, but if you want to try it out, you can contact their support people or I can get you a copy.

It’s needed when running any MacOS desktop software. Even though you’re running Windows sort of, my feeling is that you may still be running into this problem since it’s still Mac hardware. I’m not familiar at all with VirtualBox and so I don’t know if it’s talking to the metal directly or not, or whether it’s talking to the MacOS drivers. But “Failed to receive the answer” in that spot is a symptom of the problem.

If you would prefer to wait until the new firmware version is officially released by Atomic, I can understand that. You could also install the new firmware and see if it makes a difference in downloading, and then re-install the older/released version back again before going diving.

Let me know if you have any questions,
Janice