Virtual environment is rough for us rookies

Terry Lowe terryrlowe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 17:56:07 PDT 2015

I am a fan of Diving Log 6.0.   I normally used a Mac, so installed VirtualBox just so that I could run Windows 7 in order to run Diving Log 6.0

Everything loads fineā€¦the drivers install without error.  When I try to download dives from my Cobalt 2, I get the following error in my log file:

INFO: Write: size=1, data=01
INFO: Read: size=16, data=3039313430303337FC0802000200A002
INFO: Write: size=1, data=09
ERROR: Failed to receive the answer. [in atomics_cobalt.c:288 (atomics_cobalt_read_dive)]

INFO: libdivecomputer-0.dll version: 0.5.0-devel

I Installed the Atomic Cobalt Logbook, and it finds the computer and downloads the dives, but this software is pretty bad.  Was hoping there would be an easy fix to allow this to work using Virtual Box.
I am not opposed to using some other virtual environment if it has been shown to work.

Thanks!!

Terry