Patches to add basic support for the Suunto EON Steel

Artur Wroblewski wrobell at pld-linux.org
Wed Oct 29 17:00:51 PDT 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 5:10 PM, Linus Torvalds
[...]
> For example, Suunto clearly has 15 compartments for nitrogen/helium
> but do people care? The *meaning* of those fields are a bit unclear,
> since the deco algorithm is a mixture of that and the
> RgbmNitrogen/RgbmHelium values, and we don't really know how the RGBM
> algorithm works.

The 15 tissue compartments half-times are documented in the Suunto manual.
I am almost certain they are tracked like every other haldanean tissue
compartments,
i.e. can be calculated with Buhlmann equation. IMHO, there is much more value
in such information than in Subsurface's recalculation of inert gas pressure in
tissue compartment recalculation with Buhlmann.

[...]

Regards,