Patches to add basic support for the Suunto EON Steel

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Nov 3 08:31:47 PST 2014

On Nov 3, 2014 8:12 AM, "Jef Driesen" <jef at libdivecomputer.org> wrote:

> Also, my patch with the casts was merely to indicate where the problems
were, and not supposed to be applied as is. Ideally I would rather see the
root problem "fixed" instead of fixing the symptoms.

But the root problem is that you're compiler is wrong. Anything else is
just papering over that issue. The code is C, and better idiomatic C at
that.

How the heck can I fix the "root" problem that you aren't even using a
proper C compiler, and then make up your own rules about what code is
supposed to look like, but those rules aren't even the patches you send me?

Jef, that's just crazy. If you have random personal rules that don't even
make sense in the context of the language, then make those changes
yourself. Don't make me have to guess what your are thinking. I don't have
ESP and unlike you I don't have a broken  compiler, or think that I should
care about the known-broken warning messages from it.

So now you tell me that the patch y patch sent me want even what you
wanted. Really, I'm not willing to play some clown to your crazy rules.

Dirk, please take over. I'm done.

    Linus