Oceanic OCS: No gaschange events

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Tue Mar 18 08:34:39 PDT 2014

On 2014-03-17 08:40, Florian Klink wrote:
> Am 17.03.2014 07:48, schrieb Jef Driesen:
>> The 0xAA sample indicates a tank switch (for models with support for
>> multiple tank pressure sensors). But it's certainly possible that it
>> can
>> also contain a gas switch. Gas switches are indeed not parsed yet for
>> the Oceanic devices. Is the OCS an air integrated model (hosed or
>> wireless), because in that case a tank switch sample doesn't make much
>> sense.
>
> The OCS does not have any air integration at all (wired/wireless).
> However, it's able to calculate saturation, deco etc. with up to 3
> different gases (starting always with gas one). On this dive, a switch
> from gas 1 (air) to gas 2 (EAN52) was done at 21:45

In that case the 0xAA might be combined tank and gas switch event, or
just one of them depending on what the model supports. I wonder why I
never looked at the gas switches. (To be honest, I probably do know.
With all those slight data format changes for *every* single model,
these Oceanic devices are a real pain in the ass.)

>> Can you provide a full memory dump (together with the logfile), rather
>> just one dive. That's a bit easier to work with.
>

>> I think I do have some other data from an OCS, but I have no idea
>> whether there are any gas changes or not. I'm a bit in a hurry right
>> now, but I'll have a look later at what data I have available.
>
> I will ask if she also has some other dives with gas changes logged on
> this DC, but this will also take some time :-)

I do have two other OCS memory dumps. If you want to investigate
further, I can give you access to the git repository containing all the
memory dumps. To do anything useful with these memory dumps, you'll have
to setup the libdivecomputer simulator first:

http://www.libdivecomputer.org/simulator.html

Jef