can't download Oceanic VT3 on linux

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Mon Mar 10 06:18:09 PDT 2014

On 07/03/14 20:15, Jef Driesen wrote:

> I have also prepared a new build which slows down sending the commands
> by waiting 100ms between the packets. I have the impression we might
> be sending commands too fast for your device. Can you give this a try?
>
> wget http://www.libdivecomputer.org/builds/experimental/linux/atom2
> chmod +x atom2
> ./atom2 /dev/ttyUSB0

Just back from a holiday weekend including a dive. The test build runs
well, though slowly. So far over 700 seconds, with only one error being:

[68.234123] ERROR: Unexpected answer start byte(s). [in
../../source/src/oceanic_atom2.c:340 (oceanic_atom2_send)]

If you want to send me a patch or tell me where to add the delay, I can
rebuild the source and play with timing and see what works for me?

Hamish