NitekQ sample logs...

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Sun Feb 2 23:44:16 PST 2014

On 2014-02-02 17:12, William Perry wrote:
> Cannot seem to find the *.bin files on the mac - I will do another
> download under dtruss and see where it might be hiding them.  Failing
> that I will fire up a windows VM and grab them that way.  Tried to get
> in a few dives with it yesterday but our local quarry has 4-6 inches
> of ice covering it and I didn’t have all of my proper gear or buddies
> for ice diving.

I'm not sure it's a typo, but on my windows XP system (also a VM), they
are stored as *.log files, not *.bin files. I have no idea if the Mac
version of the Workbench is different in that regard. It's a java
application, so I suspect not.

> When I do get to throw it in the water, would it help if I did some
> dives in metric and some in imperial?

Yes, that would help. I have some mixed metric/imperial dives on my
nitek, but for some reason I'm unable to download it with the workbench
application. It just doesn't detect the device. I only got it to
download dives once. That one transfer happened to be enough to reverse
engineer the protocol. But now I need those workbench files to find the
metric/imperial flag. That's the last missing piece of information at
the moment.

Jef