DC setting api

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Thu Dec 18 08:50:21 PST 2014

On 18 December, 2014 - john at vanostrand.com wrote:

> ‎Is there any existing work done on an API for presenting and changing settings
> to applications?

I implemented support for changing settings in OSTC, OSTC3 and Suunto
Vyper family devices in Subsurface.

The api that libdivecomputer provides for doing this is really low
level, and you need to do quite a bit of work on the application side.

In subsurface we doesn't really abstract things into something common
for all devices, because the settings and capabilities of the devices
have such wide differences so it doesn't really make sense. Eg. you need
a separate UI for each device to accurately represent its capabilities.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604