Oceanic Pro Plus 2

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Mon Jan 9 19:06:05 UTC 2012

On 01/09/2012 07:12 PM, Philip Balister wrote:
> I am trying to download data from the Pro Plus 2 dive computer. dmesg
> shows ttyUSB0 being created and I have added myself to the proper group.
> Also tried as root.
>
> It looks like nothing is coming back from the computer. I entered the 2
> minute download mode and can watch the time count down.
>
> Anymore suggestions?

Do you have a Pro Plus 2, or a Pro Plus 2.1? These are completely different
devices, and you wouldn't be the first one to be confused by that. If I remember
correctly, they even require a different cable. For the 2 you need the "vtpro"
backend, but for the 2.1 it's the "atom2" backend.

Have you ever tried downloading with Oceanlog? If not can you try, to rule out
problems with the cable, or hardware? Any change you have a low battery? It's a
know problem that low battery causes download problems, even if there is still
enough power left for diving.

Jef