Atomic Cobalt

Kurt postdive at postdive.com
Mon Dec 26 18:44:13 UTC 2011

On Dec 24, 2011, at 10:35 AM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

>>> Ok, back at a computer.
>>> My fault. I could have sworn I enabled libusb but apparently I didn't.
>>> Unfortunately I'm on vacation and don't have access to a Windows system
>>> to do any testing on whatsoever. So while I can easily build a new
>>> version, I'm unable to test if I packaged things correctly. So please
>>> give this a try and let me know if I missed anything else:
>>>
>>> http://subsurface.hohndel.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/subsurface-1.2-libusb-installer.exe
>>>
>>> I did add the libusb-1.0.dll - so I /think/ it should work…

I retrieved this version and it does (of course) have libusb-1.0.dll. It is advertised in the install details and I verified it in "Program Files/Subsurface".

Additionally, this version kindly defaults to "COM3" for the Device.

Unfortunately, it is not able to download either of my Atomic Aquatics Cobalts on my  system : Win7/x86. I'll try it later on my win7/64  when I get some time.  I nuked the prior installation and also rebooted.  The firmware version on the Cobalt is 1.13/1 and it continues to be accessible to the Atomic software. Importing from my Aladin Smarts thru USB IrDA using "com3" continues to work well.

Universal -b cobalt com3 reports Error 660 "Error opening device"

regards

kurt