Oceanic ProPlus 2

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Tue Dec 6 08:01:47 UTC 2011

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 17:05:09 -0500, Steve Boyd <sboydlns at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking at this package with a view to making a better dive log for
> the ProPlus 2.  In order to be able to do that I need to find some of
> the information that is not being parsed by the Oceanic parser now.  By
> looking at the raw data for the sample data I have managed to find
> tissue loading, ascent warning and dive time remaining info.  If I can
> find a couple of nitrox dives in my computer memory I should be able to
> find the nitrox related info with little trouble.  One thing that is
> eluding me though is the starting and ending tank pressure.  I'm
> assuming it must be in the dive header (since it isn't in the sample
> data) but I can't seem to find it.  I am checking the first 40 bytes of
> the dive data.  Is there someplace else I should be looking?  Any help
> you can give me is appreciated.

The oceanic data format has a header and trailer block before and after
the sample data. The starting and ending tank pressure is stored there. I
should have more detailed info somewhere in my notes.

The goal is to have the data format nicely documented, but I just didn't
have time for that so far :-(