Apeks DSX Support

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Thu Jul 20 00:37:25 CEST 2023

On 18/07/2023 11:07, Moritz Barz wrote:
> Are there plans to add support to sync with the fairly new Apeks DSX computer?

We do not really have "plans" to add support for new dive computers. Support for
new dive computers happens when we either receive some support from the
manufacturer (preferred), or when a user can provide us enough information to
reverse engineer the communication protocol and data format.

Now, the Apeks DSX appears to be supported by the DiverLog+ app. That means it's
probably using the already supported Pelagic/Oceanic communication protocol. If
that's indeed the case, then it's relatively easy to add basic support for it.
If you have one, the first step is to try downloading dives with any of the
libdivecomputer based applications (Subsurface, Diving Log, MacDive, etc).
Select the Oceanic Pro Plus X as the model and enable the libdivecomputer logging:

https://www.divinglog.com/blog/?page_id=1879
http://libdivecomputer.org/subsurface.html#desktop-dives

When finished (successful or not), send me the logs.

Jef