dctool, Shearwater Predator and macos

Henrik B A henrik at synth.no
Mon Dec 5 13:04:59 CET 2022

On Mon, Dec 5, 2022 at 12:14 PM Henrik B A <henrik at synth.no> wrote:
> Thanks, that *could* have been it, because I had experimented on
> removing that device and re-adding it.  But alas, no success when I
> try that now :(

Experimenting some more, this seems to work kinda reliably:

1) Select Upload Dives on the Predator
2) macos bluetooth menubar icon --> select Predator (turns blue). This
creates /dev/tty.Predator
3) select Predator again (turns grey)
4) Predator displays SLIP RX  error
5) Select Upload Dives on the Predator again
6) dctool is now able to download the dives. Well, most of the time. I
can even re-download without more fuzz.

I have yet to make this work on MacDive, which I believe use
libdivecomputer under the hood. Maybe an older version?

Henrik