[ANNOUNCE] Version 0.7.0 now available

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Fri May 7 21:37:10 CEST 2021

Hi,

The v0.7.0 release is now available!

http://www.libdivecomputer.org/releases/libdivecomputer-0.7.0.tar.gz

The main highlight of the v0.7.0 release is the introduction of the new
I/O interface. With this common interface, the dive computer backends
can more easily use different I/O implementations at runtime, including
an application defined one. This is needed to support Bluetooth Low
Energy (BLE), for which there is no built-in implementation available.

Due to the fundamental changes to the I/O layer, this release is not
backwards compatible.

New features:

   * A new I/O interface
   * Add support for new backends:
      - goa: Cressi Goa and Cartesio
      - divecomputereu: Tecdiving DiveComputer.eu
      - extreme: McLean Extreme
      - lynx: Liquivision Xen, Xeo, Lynx and Kaon
      - sp2: Sporasub SP2
   * Add support for many new devices:
      - Aqualung: i100, i200C, i300C, i470TC, i550C, i770R
      - Heinrichs Weikamp: OSTC 2 TR
      - Mares: Genius, Horizon, Quad Air, Smart Air
      - Oceanic: Geo 4.0, Pro Plus 4, Pro Plus X, Veo 4.0
      - Ratio: iDive Color, iX3M GPS, iX3M 2021
      - Scubapro: A1, A2, Aladin H Matrix, G2 Console, G2 HUD
      - Seac: Guru, Jack
      - Shearwater: Peregrine, Teric
      - Sherwood: Amphos 2.0, Beacon, Sage, Wisdom 4
      - Suunto: D5, EON Steel Black
      - Tusa: Talis
   * Firmware upgrade support for the Ratio computers
   * Support for semi-closed circuit diving

Removed/changed features:

   * Unify the Uwatec Smart, Meridian and G2 backends

Jef