Is there a way to build with bluetooth support on a mac?

Ryan Gardner ryebrye at gmail.com
Thu May 6 17:42:48 CEST 2021

Hi Linus,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I actually started out using subsurface as a test app - I actually started
out by reading through all of your commits on the deepblu cosmiq to get an
idea of what's required to add a new BLE computer - I did get subsurface to
see the computer and initiate the pairing (the icon on the sync screen on
the dive computer switches to the plugs being connected) - so the BLE part
worked, and it's just the communication part that will take me a lot of
iterations to work through.

I ran into a few issues that are entirely my fault and not the fault of
subsurface - namely I couldn't figure out a way to get my IDE to launch the
built subsurface app and attach to it and hit breakpoints inside of
libdivecomputer  (again - totally my "not normally a c/c++ application
developer" problem) - but after spinning my wheels for a while I figured
I'd try to see if the dctool from libdivecomputer could be a faster path to
"can I get code to communicate with this thing?"

Some of the notes I was working through are up here:
https://github.com/ryangardner/excursion-decompiling/blob/master/Protocol%20Info.txt
(it's a combination of examining a decompiled android app that syncs with
the computer and the captured hci packet logs, looking at how the android
app parses the responses / communicates with the computer and comparing it
with the hci logs)

I can take another stab at the subsurface route. (or some of the
suggestions that Jef replied to after this - replaying communications logs
etc). (and I can take basic subsurface build questions over to their list
or irc channel if I get really stuck)