Is there a way to build with bluetooth support on a mac?

Ryan Gardner ryebrye at gmail.com
Thu May 6 00:36:47 CEST 2021

I'm hoping to add a new bluetooth dive computer to libdivecomputer. I've
spent a fair amount of time reverse engineering the sync protocol between
it and the android app that it uses, and have a general idea of how it
communicates.

I'm primarily on a mac - looking at the source for it, when I do my normal
configure operation it claims:

  Transports:

    Serial    : yes

    USB       : yes

    USBHID    : yes

    IrDA      : no

    Bluetooth : no

    BLE       : no

It looks like it uses bluez or windows bluetooth apis - is there something
I need to do to get it to work with bluetooth on OS X? I can work on an
older linux machine as well - but it will take a bit longer to get it set
up to do development on.

Ryan