Suunto D5 USB interface

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Jan 6 23:10:01 CET 2020

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 1:48 PM Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:

> I don't think it's a "android" app, It's a appimage.

Bah, I obviously didn't read things carefully enough.

> Is it some selinux profile which kicks in when the appimage is run from
> /opt ( or /tmp/ where the appimage gets mounted)?

Hmm. I don't see where the kernel could care, but yeah, maybe there's
some interaction with the appimage mounting its own usbdev filesystem
etc. I'm not seeing why/how it would claim all interfaces, but I
wonder if this also has some interaction with
libusb_set_auto_detach_kernel_driver(), which should mean that
claiming the interface releases it from the default HID driver.

I'm not seeing any sign of that in the debug messages. But I don't
really know libusb.

.. goes off and looks ..

Oh, it should mean that it actually uses IOCTL_USBFS_DISCONNECT_CLAIM
(aka USBDEVFS_DISCONNECT_CLAIM).

That has a few other EBUSY return cases, but I'm not seeing where that
would matter either.

               Linus