dctool: exporting dives to csv

Simon Eigeldinger simon.eigeldinger at vol.at
Fri Apr 20 20:43:59 CEST 2018

Hi Jef,

Am 19.04.2018 um 16:13 schrieb Jef Driesen:
> On 2018-04-17 20:49, Simon Eigeldinger wrote:
>> I am Simon and i I am a blind diver.
>> Unfortunately i can't see whats on my dive computer.
>> So i plan to use it as a kind of logger or blackbox.
>> unfortunately most of the applications which are coming with dive
>> computers aren't much accessible to blind and visually impaired
>> people.
>> so i thought it might be interesting to use dctool to get the data out
>> of the computer.
>> i currently don't have a dive computer but i might get a suunto zoop
>> novo.
>> can i export dive data to csv or other format using dctool?
>> i know that the computers measure all their parameters every few seconds.
>> can i get that data out as well?
>> so i can see how fast we where going down and do my own statistics.
>
> dctool can export the dives to an xml file. If you need csv output, then
> you could try some conversion tool. Or modify dctool to output csv
> directly. That shouldn't be very difficult.

Hm. I'll see.
I am not a good programmer so i might need some hints there.
maybe someone could help out.

as a blind people you are always having the same problems with diving
log software or dive computer software.
most of them are completely or most of the parts inaccessible to
screenreaders.
so i need a way to get that data out of the dc somehow.
good i understand that because there are not many blind people diving.
*smile*

Greetings and thanks,
Simon

---