New to libdivecomputer. Where do I begin?

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Tue Jun 20 13:11:07 PDT 2017

On 20 June, 2017 - Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 01:27:00PM -0500, Ryan January wrote:
> > I appreciate the help Dirk.  I wasn't sure where libdc stopped and subsurface began.  This would be along the lines of your first scenario;  Importing existing files and parsing the logs. If devices of this sort are already supported in subsurface, that seems to be the path of least resistance.
> >
> > I'm afraid I can't mention the file format as that would expose some key details about the device.   My desire at the moment is to develop what I can, test those integrations while testing the device, and ultimately submitting a pull request when I'm able.  What I can say is that the files are simple, unencrypted binary files that have parsing libraries available in many common languages.  I just finished testing the files were parsable via a short python script, and have subsequently confirmed the existence of an SDK that could assist me with some of the heavy lifting in C.
> >
> > Now that I know the correct path to follow I'll start looking through the subsurface source.  Is there a particular computer you could point me to as a good mass storage integration example?
>
> None of those currently parse binary files. So I'm not sure where to point
> you.

lvd, dlf and probably some more are binary file formats that we import.

The Divesoft computers shows up as a usb mass storage with dlf files on,
but we currently don't have any nice "download all new dives" importer,
so you need to choose which files to import yourself.

We have a couple of such scenarios, and it would be nice to turn them
into something of a "regular" download api.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604