Scubapro Galileo 2 (G2)

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu Jun 8 22:28:51 PDT 2017

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 8:17 AM, CZS <charles.z.stover at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, it's never a bad thing when the developer is diving
> the same computer ;)  Great to hear you're working towards a USB download
> first, as frankly I find the BLE support a mere luxury!

So it turns out that the Scubapro G2 support looks really
straightforward, helped by the fact that the USB HID part of the thing
is very similar to what the Suunto EON Steel does (and I did the
reverse engineering for that one, and wrote the downloader), and the
actual commands and data parsing appears pretty much exactly the same
as the Galileo Sol.

So if you actually build your own, here's a patch to libdivecomputer
that should get things into testable territory.

I *have* actually tested it myself, but right now my only "dive" is me
dropping the dive computer into the neighbors pool for four minutes.
So my test data is very very limited.

I'll have more test data in a week, but for now this might be good
enough to do at least some initial trial downloads.

                  Linus