Problem reading Aladin Pro Ultra w/MemoMouse

Garry Glendown garry at glendown.de
Wed Sep 21 10:09:36 PDT 2016

Hi,

after some undesirable long diving hiatus I'm getting ready for a nice
dive trip in October. In preparation, I started getting my tech stuff up
to date. Not using my former XP Notebook, of course the old Datatrak
software will (most likely - didn't try) not work on my current Win10
system. Browsing the web I came across the "Subsurface" program, which
uses libdivecomputer. As my Notebook doesn't have a native serial port,
I am using a USB-Serial adapter (which works fine for other serial
connections, like Cisco routers and the likes). Subsurface also
recognizes the port correctly, providing it in the Import window by
default.

I tried to use dctool, but somehow I can't put together the options to
even access the serial port, or anything ("No device name or family type
specified") - here's the command line I assumed:

dctool -d COM6 -f Uwatec -m "Aladin Pro Ultra" download

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, -garry

--
PGP Fingerprint: A79F A33F 5B13 BEB7 A51D 274F F99C 3AE2 4BCB 7015