Patches to add doxygen support to build and add some comments.

Ryan McLean ryan1_00 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 4 08:58:45 PDT 2016

Jef,

|When building outside the source tree (which is my personal default),
|nothing gets documented. So this will need some more improvements.

I have everything in ~/workspace/libdc and run make from there so only
tested that, most likely its becuase the Doxyfile.in uses relative paths I
probably just need to play with them a bit to get that corrected.

|Is there a reason why you did reformat the existing documentation? I
|prefer the original format with the javadoc style syntax.

The first file I started on either had no defined style or used the c syntax
so I just continued with that and was trying to be consistant.
Also the @param[in] didnt seem to actually work/put the [in] bit anywhere useful in the
documentation, so it seemed redundant.
I'm (very) slightly more familiar with the c style, but I can use the other format if that is preferred.

|You also started to document some internal stuff. But none of that is
|supposed to end up in the documentation! The part that needs to be
|documented are the public header files.

I started there as I was trying to understand how libdivecomputer acutally works and
figured all should be documented. I thought there would be two types of developers:
1) those using your public API such as subsurface
2) those wanting to contribute to libdivecomputer itself.
Maybe should have two subfolders in the docs dir; public API and fulldoc.

Regards,

Ryan