Doubt about Cressi Leonardo

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Mon Jul 11 04:12:10 PDT 2016

On 2016-07-10 23:21, Omar Espino wrote:
> I've been looking for a generic IrDA device to download the logs from
> my
> Cressi Leonardo. Do you know if is it possible or do I need to buy the
> official Cre$$i U$B Interface?

A generic IrDA adapter won't work. You need the Cressi USB interface.

If a device is using infrared light for the communication, then that
does not necessary mean it's also using the IrDA communication protocol!
On the PC side, the Cressi interface is simply a standard (FTDI)
usb-serial interface, and the proprietary infrared link to the dive
computer sits behind it.

Jef