Sentinel

"Paul-Erik Törrönen" poltsi at 777-team.org
Fri Jan 29 14:51:20 PST 2016

I dropped the rEvo from the subject since it has nothing to do with the
discussion at hand.

> I suspect that their software is reading the response line by line,
> using the \r\n sequence as the end-of-line marker. And then that 'End'
> followed by '@@' as the end-of-message marker. That probably also
> explains why they are reading single bytes: they have to inspect every
> byte to find for those markers.

Yeah, and I've updated now the github repository with a version that does
something similar (when using the universal-command).

FWIW I noticed that not all my changes were pushed to github, git is also
new to me and I need to remember to do the 'git push' after the 'git
commit...'.

So what the vms_sentinel_device_dump currently does is send 'M' to the
rebreather, which should get a response of listing all the dive headers. I
read the data one byte at a time, and look at the end of the data-buffer
in search for a) line ends '\r\n', dive header separators 'd\r\n' as well
as end of the whole list '@@P'. It seems to do a reasonable job of this.

I run the following command:

examples/universal -b sentinel -l ../logs/sentinel-`date
'+%Y-%m-%d-%H%M%S'`.log -d ../logs/dives-`date '+%Y-%m-%d-%H%M%S'`.log
/dev/ttyUSB0 | tee ../logs/output-`date '+%Y-%m-%d-%H%M%S'`.log

And I've uploaded the logs of the last successful run here:

http://poltsi.fi/Sukeltaminen/Sentinel/sentinel_logs-2016-01-30-000659.tar.gz

At the end of the output-file (search for 'Data is') I print out the
data-buffer which looks pretty ok

> How does the response looks like when it fails? Do you still get the P
> bytes?

It only continues sending the P character.

What is the real purpose of the *_device_dump?

Currently I have used it as a convenient playground for my exploration, as
it is called from the universal, but I guess it has some real function
too?

I have insofar not been able to detect any command that would dump
everything in the rebreather memory.

I guess the next step would be to be to actually store the list of dives
somewhere, but it's not clear to me where that happens?

Since I used cressi_leonard as a base, it no longer works as a template
since the devices differ too much.

Poltsi

Paul-Erik Törrönen   poltsi at 777-team.org
+358 40 703 1231     http://poltsi.fi/