More Uwatec Aladin TEC2G Log Data

Thomas Gschwind th.gschwind at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 02:44:03 PDT 2016

Hi Jef,

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 9:26 AM, Jef Driesen <jef at libdivecomputer.org> wrote:
> Your investigation for the timezone and salinity fields appear correct to
> me. Will you submit a patch?

I can create one tonight.  I did not know which was the preferred way
so I chose the cheapest solution first.

> BTW, in your blog you write libdivecomputer "prefers to read the data from
> the dive computer itself", but parsing dives "offline" is fully supported
> too. Take a look at libdivecomputer's dctool application:

In case of the Uwatec, there were a few nits, mostly related to the
salt/fresh water problem which is fixed with the above, so should be
solved already.  I removed the sentence from the blog since I plan (no
promises when or ever finished) to write a SmartTRAK importer for
subsurface I will look again at dctool parse.  Should there be
something left where the external API is insufficient, I would let you
know.

Best,
Thomas