Mares Smart Apnea

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Wed Sep 9 06:03:12 PDT 2015

On 2015-09-09 14:22, Giorgio Marzano wrote:
> By the way, what do the "fingerprint" field is ?

That's a piece of data that uniquely identifies each dive from the same
dive computer. We use this for the download only new dives feature:
After each download, the application is supposed to store the
fingerprint of the most recent dive. One the next download, the
application gives us this fingerprint, and we automatically abort the
download once we detect the previously downloaded dive by means of its
fingerprint.

Typically the fingerprint is simply the raw date/time bytes. But it can
be something different too.

Jef