Release request

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Wed Oct 28 15:00:57 PDT 2015

I just realized my dive computer is supported in in git trunk, but there
hasn't been a tagged release in a LONG time.  Comparing the supported
devices list between stable and trunk implies a LOT of users would be in a
similar state.

Any chance we could get a tagged release soon on a particularly stable,
recent version of libdivecomputer.  At the least, that would really help
with packaging concerns, etc.

I have the latest git compiling, but when I attempt to import dives in
subsurface 4.4.2 from my Aeris A300 CS, I get a parse failure.  My
extremely limited understanding is that is handled within this library.  If
this should already be working in the current trunk, I'll gladly go through
some information gathering, submit a report with logs, etc.

I'm personally trying to get an Aeris A300 CS working with latest
subsurface.  Once I do so, I'll get with the current Mageia maintainer and
see about getting an update pushed out to cauldron for testing.