No p02 for Petrel (Divecan)?

"Paul-Erik Törrönen" poltsi at 777-team.org
Sat Oct 10 16:52:00 PDT 2015

I noticed an oddity when downloading dives from a rEvo RMS Divecan Petrel,
the dive data did not contain any pO2-data. This was with the latest daily
build of Subsurface, 4.4-98-56 on Windows XP

When I downloaded the same dives to Shearwater Desktop (SD), it did
contain the actual pO2-data, so the dc has stored the data, and it is
present (for all 3 O2-sensors) when I eg. export the data from SD to
CVS-format.

I noticed another peculiarity. Subsurface recognized the dive as OC, when
it should have been CCR. I guess the detection is done earlier, and I
found from the maillist archives[1], that when the dive is presumed to be
OC, no pO2-data is collected by libdivecomputer. Maybe there's an issue on
how the OC/CCR-mode is detected?

I had to return the rEvo today as it was borrowed, so I can not
immediately verify anything, the unit however is not that far from here,
so I may be able to do testing.

Partially related to this: There are instructions on how to capture the
traffic between the DC and log software, but this seems to only work in
those cases where the DC talks over the serial. In my case the Petrel
seems to have been accessed in a more direct manner (there was no
COM-device) and portcom was quiet the whole time.

Is there a recommended way to capture the transmissions from Bt-devices? I
tested with sniffusb which seemed to capture something (since the Bt is
apparently connected to the USB-port), but I'm not that sure I got the
correct data?

Poltsi

1. http://libdivecomputer.org/pipermail/devel/2015-February/000697.html

--
Paul-Erik Törrönen   "When science and the Bible differ,
poltsi at 777-team.org   science has obviously misinterpreted