Sample data repository

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Tue Jun 30 13:55:30 PDT 2015

On 30 June, 2015 - Christian GuimarĂ£es wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is there any place or repository that I can download some dive sample data?
>
> By the way, I have a dive computer (TUSA IQ-650 Element) but unfortunately
> it doesn't provide a PC interface to download dive data.

There are some trickery where you can run libdivecomputer "backwards" to
simulate a divecomputer based on a previously extracted memory dump but
thats not a process for the faint hearted.

I don't know of any source with "libdivecomputer" formated data, because
its a api. Is it xml-data, like the ones from the universial downloader
you're looking for?

If its just "dive profiles" you're looking for, you can find some in the
subsurface git repository. Some of them are "normal" dives, and some are
just plain odd to use as testdata in subsurface. They can be found at:
http://git.subsurface-divelog.org/?p=subsurface.git;a=tree;f=dives;hb=HEAD
or
https://github.com/torvalds/subsurface/tree/master/dives

//Anton