[Reefnet Sensus Ultra] help for a beginner

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Fri Jun 26 01:15:42 PDT 2015

On 2015-06-17 13:12, stan.speleo at notgmail.fr wrote:
> I am trying to use the libdivecomputer lib in order to GET and SET the
> INTERNALS (INTERVAL, THRESHOLD, ENDCOUNT, AVERAGING) of the Reefnet
> Sensus Ultra logger.
> On Linux.
> I have not found any software on linux which can manage this task.

The parameters can be changed with the
reefnet_sensusultra_device_write_parameter() function. The current
values are automatically downloaded during the handshake with the
device. The application receives the handshake packet through the
DC_EVENT_VENDOR event. So the easiest way to get the current values is
to call the reefnet_sensusultra_device_sense() function. You can use any
other function that gets data from the device, but "sense" is the
fastest if you're only interested in the handshake packet.

> I have as well another less important question : how to get a csv data
> for the dives ? This would be great because the only software I could
> find, "Subsurface", gives the data in an xml format, which I have to
> parse in order to proceed it by myself.

Anton already answered this question.

Jef