Problem with reading data from a "Scubapro Chromis"

Patrik Martinsson martinsson.patrik at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 08:27:50 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to get my "Scubapro Chromis" to work with "libdivecomputer", but
it doesn't seem to work.
Is this tested with a real "Scubapro Chromis" or is the support "just added
on belief that it should work" (I noticed that the support was added a
couple of months ago for the Chromis) ?

This is what I get when I try to dump the memory from the Chromis,

./universal -n "Scubapro Chromis" -b "meridian" /dev/ttyUSB0
DATETIME 2015-07-14T14:07:51Z (1436882871)
VERSION 0.5.0-devel (0158739bcff3c4c3f8944e6e06932d836821cf28)
Opening the device (Scubapro Chromis, /dev/ttyUSB0).
ERROR: Failed to receive the header. [in uwatec_meridian.c:111
(uwatec_meridian_transfer)]
Registering the event handler.
Registering the cancellation handler.
Downloading the memory dump.
Event: progress 0.00% (0/4294967295)
ERROR: Failed to receive the header. [in uwatec_meridian.c:111
(uwatec_meridian_transfer)]
universal.c:795: Error downloading the memory dump.
Result: Timeout

I would be surpriced if there was something wrong with the watch, however
that is of course possible.

Looking at the code I can see that there is an "echo" that is being
received before the header, so something is going on right (or am I missing
something) ?

Thankful for any pointers/help etc.

Kinda stuck on an Malaysian Island and would love to get my dive log
working =)

Best regards,
Patrik Martinsson