Kernel error / Uwatec Smart via irda

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Feb 8 18:18:18 PST 2015

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Nick Hardy <nick at hardytown.com> wrote:

> A few seconds later, a system error message pops up. The smart application
> never completes and can not be killed. The smart.log file is created, but
> nothing is ever written to it.

The kernel error is fixed by commit 4cb8c3593bbb ("irda: stop calling
sk_prot->disconnect() on connection failure"). That should stop the
kernel problems, but I'm not sure it will then allow things to work
past that. I don't think I ever got confirmation of that (and the oops
happens on a connection error, not in the success case)

That commit is in linux-3.18, so if you can upgrade your kernel to
try, that would be good.

                            Linus