Example data format to college

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Thu Dec 31 06:24:33 PST 2015

On 27 December, 2015 - Leonardo Santos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My english is as poor as bad, but I am a brazilian that would like finishing my last work from college.
>
> I need figure out this, although I'm not a developer...
>
> Please, Who can help me ?
>
> I'd like to know, what's the default of data format to a dive computer ( is there a default sure ? ) and I need show a example or be able getting this information from a "new device" ( as I propose in my last work from college - MBA IT to an executive )

There is no such thing as a "default data format". Everybody usually
have there own binary representation that is closely coupled to how the
internals of the dive computer works.

Some the proprietary protocols and formats libdivecomputer supports are
the result of reverse engineering. As far as i know there is only one
manufacturer who has public documentation on how the protocol works.
Thats Heinrichs-Weikamp, and their documentation can be found in their
bitbucket repositories[1].

The only vendor which doesn't use a proprietary format is Xdeep. They are
using UDDF[2] as their log format. Horrible format, but its at least
documented.

Seabear uses simple CSV-based formats which are simple to parse.

So, there is no "standard" and not even a defacto-standard. Everybody
got their own.

//Anton

1.
https://bitbucket.org/heinrichsweikamp/hwos_code