first stab at Aeris A300CS support

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Sep 26 08:37:19 PDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 09:52:05AM +0200, Jef Driesen wrote:

>  * You used global variables for the cache and its bitmap. That's simply not
> acceptable. Please move this into the device handle. (I suggest you use the
> name "bitmap" instead of "tracker". In the ostc backend we already used
> "bitmap" for the exact same purpose.) And then you can pre-allocate
> everything in the open function.
>
>  * Remove the read_big_pages from the layout. The layout is intended for the
> logic in the shared oceanic_common_device_xxx functions. But didn't change
> anything there. You actually introduced a bug in the vtpro and veo250
> backends, because their layouts were not updated with the new field. So
> instead add some "bigpage" field directly to the device handle.

Just to make sure I understand you correctly. You want me to add this to
dc_device_t directly? That seems a fairly generic structure to me, I'm
surprised you want such device specific data in there.

Or is there some more libdivecomputer magic that I'm missing where you can
add extra data to that? I just want to avoid more round trips with thow
away code.

/D