first stab at Aeris A300CS support

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Fri Sep 26 07:19:11 PDT 2014

On 2014-09-26 15:59, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 09:52:05AM +0200, Jef Driesen wrote:
>>  * You used global variables for the cache and its bitmap.
>
> I did? Where? There are two static variables in the caching read
> function.
>
>> That's simply not acceptable. Please move this into the device handle.
>
> Why would I move these variables further up? No one else should ever
> touch
> them but the function that allocated and manages their content. I don't
> understand.

Just a quick answer on this item. Each device handle should have it's
own cache. Right now, with the static variable (which is basically a
global variable accessible from only one function), all device handles
are sharing the same cache. It's about thread-safety too.

I'm aware that in practice it's very unlikely that an application will
be talking to two devices simultaneously, but that is supported by
libdivecomputer.

Jef