devel Digest, Vol 17, Issue 7

Vincent Cresson vavincavent at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 04:14:41 PDT 2014

> According to the usb device descriptors it's a USB HID device. That's
> basically
> everything I know. Once I discovered libusb doesn't seem to support USB
> HID very
> well, I didn't investigate much further due to a lack of time.
>
> I wouldn't be surprised if the high level communication protocol is still
> the
> same as the other Uwatec devices. For the Meridian Scubapro/Uwatec also
> switched
> only the low-level layer from IrDA to usb-serial, and kept everything else
> the
> same. But of course that's just an educated guess, and I could be complete
> wrong.
>
> Jef

Poor of me, the new scubapro aladin square is not integrated in
libdivecomputer (not in subsurface too...), it's the son of the famous
uwatec aladin pro...

I've just tested hidapi testgui (https://github.com/signal11/hidapi) and i
success in connecting scubapro aladin square.
What can i do now to help (i'm not a programmer)?

Vavincavent