Wisdom 3

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Oct 28 07:24:40 PDT 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 10:11:59AM +0100, Jef Driesen wrote:
> On 27-10-14 19:41, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> >I see that both MacDive and DivingLog claim Wisdom 3 support...
> >Looking at the dump from a Wisdom 3 its reply to the version command is
> >"WISDOM R3B  512K" and the model at address 0x0008 is 0x4458 which we don't
> >appear to have covered in src/oceanic_atom2_parser.c
>
> That means it's using the default. I'm sure you won't be surprised if I say
> that's not necessary correct :-)

I was actually surprised how well it did.

In the mean time I got a bin file plus the dump of a decoded dive from the
Sherwood website and it decoded almost everything correctly.

Only the sign of the temperature delta appears to be inverted. I asked the
person who submitted the bug to verify my analysis, but I'm guessing
you'll have a patch from me to fully enable the Wisdom 3 later today.

/D