First cut at EON Steel patches

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Oct 20 20:41:33 PDT 2014

Ok, this is very much incomplete, and it doesn't send things like the
DC_EVENT_VENDOR or DC_EVENT_DEVINFO stuff at all. Which means that you
don't get serial numbers etc.

Part of that is that I'm *really* frustrated with the libdivecomputer
crap wrt firmware versions and serial numbers. This goes back *years*:
the fact that libdivecomputer still seems to think that they are
unsigned integer values. They are *not*. They are strings. But
libdivecomputer doesn't have a sane interface to report strings.

The firmware version I have is 1.0.7. The serial number I have is
"#p1437019". Neither of them is a number (and yes, I'm serious, the
characters '#' and 'p' are part of the serial number: both as the dive
computer reports it, and printed on the dive computer itself).

But apart from the fact that this is *still* completely broken in
libdivecomputer, these two patches get at least a usable profile out
of the Eon Steel.

Let me know if you find something fundamentally broken here,

                       Linus